Home / Press releases
Hyperoptic Brings Fibre Gold-Standard To Business
March 20, 2015
Hyperoptic launches market-leading business propositions
- Hyperoptic offering leased lines, shared leased lines and business broadband product
- Products targeted to small businesses, business parks and home-based businesses
- Products available across 12 hyper-cities and towns
Hyperoptic, the UK’s leading Fibre-to-the-Building (FTTB) supplier, is today launching its much-anticipated business service. It is offering a number of market-leading propositions that will enable urban-based businesses to get up to speed with the UK’s fibre gold standard.
Unlike many of the business broadband solutions on the market, Hyperoptic enables its services via its renowned FTTB approach. By installing fibre directly into premises, it is eliminating the copper phone line weak link, which accounts for peak-time slowdowns and lower than advertised speeds – which can seriously impact business performance.
It is launching three business products:
- Business Broadband: As with Hyperoptic’s consumer offering, these are full-fibre products enabled by FTTB and Ethernet Cat5e from the basement to the tenant. Designed for SMEs in multi occupied commercial buildings, business parks and home workers throughout Hyperoptic’s residential buildings. 20Mbps, 100Mbps and 1Gbps (1,000Mbps) products are available, with unlimited downloads and no traffic management. Unlike competitors, Hyperoptic offers its services on standard 12-month contracts, in contrast to competitors whose contracts typically stipulate 24 months.
- Leased lines: An enterprise offering at a small business price point, suited to an individual business. This is a dedicated service connecting the business back to Hyperoptic’s fibre aggregation node, offering dedicated symmetric speeds on 1, 3 and 5 year contracts for 100Mbps and 1Gbps. Costs start at £350 per month, which represents significant savings over competitor products.
- Shared leased lines: A solution perfectly suited to premises that house a number of businesses, such as business parks or incubators who require dedicated connectivity. Network partitioning is performed at the site and split between a number of businesses, providing huge cost savings compared to an individual leased line., with prices as low as £200 per month on a 100Mbps product.
Darren Shenkin, Director of Business Development, Hyperoptic comments: “Put simply, downtime costs businesses money – in terms of lost sales and staff productivity. The beauty of our true fibre approach is that we can offer businesses a service that they can truly depend on, and use to grow their company. We are enabling innovation - businesses are earning £1 in every £5 from the Internet. Broadband is part of the business foundation; the infrastructure that bridges bricks and clicks”
Hyperoptic’s new business services are available across its 12 UK 'hyper-cities,’ where Hyperoptic already has points of presence, namely: Greater London, Cardiff, Bristol, Reading, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Sheffield, Birmingham, Glasgow, Newcastle and Nottingham.
Hyperoptic is a registered partner of the Super Connected Cities, Connected Voucher Scheme, which helps cover up to £3000 towards a SMEs connection charge.