Hyperoptic’s Fair Fibre Plan Terms
The Plan works like this – if we accept that you qualify for it, you can choose either our 50Mb or our 150Mb fibre broadband “Monthly Rolling” package, with or without a Hyperoptic phone service and you’ll pay a discounted monthly package charge, as set out in the pricing information on the Website at https://www.hyperoptic.com/broadband/home/price-plans/social-tariff-broadband/. Our “Monthly Rolling” packages have no minimum commitment period – you can end them on 30 days’ notice.
As long as you’re eligible (see “Conditions” below), the Plan is open to both new (not yet signed up) and existing Hyperoptic customers. Only the Hyperoptic account holder, or someone nominated to manage the account on their behalf (as described in our FAQ), can order a Hyperoptic package under the Plan and that account holder must be the current named recipient of one (or more) of the benefit(s) set out in List A and/or List B below.
Income-based Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
Income-based Jobseekers Allowance (JSA)
Care Leavers’ Support
Personal Independence Payment
How to apply
1. Contact us: To apply for the Plan (and order a package under it), you can either:
– apply via online, via our Fair Fibre Plan webpage, if you’re new to Hyperoptic and receiving a “List A” benefit; or
– contact us in one of the following ways:
mentioning “Hyperoptic’s Fair Fibre Plan”.
2. Checking your eligibility: After confirming that our service is available at your home, if you’re currently receiving:
(i) a “List A” benefit, we’ll ask your permission to check this directly with the Department of Work and Pensions (“DWP”), by sharing with them your name, date of birth, postcode and the name of the “List A” benefit you’re receiving;
(ii) a “List B” benefit (but no “List A” benefit), we’ll ask you to provide us with evidence of at least one “List B” benefit that you’re currently receiving.
3. Ordering your new package: Once we’re satisfied that you’re eligible for the Plan, we’ll let you know – you can then order your new package under the Plan. When your order is complete, we’ll email you an order confirmation.
If you’re a new Hyperoptic customer who needs some basic installation work carried out at your property in order to receive our service, we’ll let you know how to arrange this and won’t charge you anything for it. If you’re already a Hyperoptic customer and are within a minimum commitment period for your current package, once we’ve confirmed your eligibility, we’ll move you to your chosen package under the Plan, without charging you a Service Termination Fee.
4. Changing package in the future: You can change from one package under the Plan to another (if you do this we’ll need to see that you remain eligible for the Plan at that time by carrying out the checks set out in 2(i) or 2(ii), as applicable), or from a package under the Plan to another Hyperoptic package not within the Plan, in each case on 30 days’ notice.
5. Other: You cannot use any other Hyperoptic offer or promotional pricing in connection with any package/service you order under the Plan and the Plan will only be available to you while you remain eligible for it under the “Conditions” below.
Hyperoptic’s services, under this offer or otherwise, are only available at premises which are already covered by our network.
Hyperoptic’s Residential Customer Terms of Service
will apply to any Hyperoptic service ordered under the Plan.
In order to qualify for the Plan, you must be (and remain) eligible for, and in receipt of, at least one of the benefits set out under List A or List B above.
Where we ask the DWP to confirm that you’re receiving a “List A” benefit, your eligibility for the Plan depends on their confirmation. If you provide us with evidence to show that you’re currently receiving a “List B” benefit, Hyperoptic alone will decide if that evidence is acceptable to show your eligibility for the Plan.
If things change and you’re no longer receiving any of the benefits mentioned above, you must get in touch to tell us as soon as possible (using any of the Hyperoptic contact details set out in “Terms” above). We can end your package under the Plan on 30 days’ notice if you’re no longer eligible for it but we’ll always review your position before we do this and let you know your options at that time.
Contact us on 0203 318 3209 if you’d like more information about the Plan.
Please visit www.hyperoptic.com for full Terms of Service and standard Charges & Fees.